Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Batch Encode FLAC & MP3 (Read 3050 times) previous topic - next topic

Batch Encode FLAC & MP3

I need to encode a lot of CD's into both FLAC and MP3 formats and not sure what is the current recommended method.  Previously I would use EAC with REAC to encode both at the same time.  Considering that REAC is no longer usable with the current version of EAC, what methods are others using to encode into multiple formats?

Thanks,

Re: Batch Encode FLAC & MP3

Reply #2
I just use FLAC frontend, which can do whole batches of wav files (typically using level 8 compression) and use MP3tag for most of the tagging and foobar2000 for finishing touches such as the replaygain scan.

foobar2000 can do batch encoding though with both formats.  I suggest downloading the optional encoders pack.

Reply #3
foobar2000 can do batch encoding though with both formats.  I suggest downloading the optional encoders pack.
AFAIK, foobar2000 of course can do batch encoding (several files at the same time), but not convert to several FORMATS at the same time.
But, оn the other hand, you can convert a CD to the first format, and then choose the second one - it's just a couple of extra mouse clicks.

Reply #4
I'm leaning towards using fre:ac for encoding purposes but cannot figure out how to enable the meh! - multi encoder hub component.  It does not show up when I go to Options>Settings>Encoders>Encoder, just the typical FLAC and LAME encoding engines and others.

I'm currently using v1.0.26.

Reply #5
We have a member ozok that once actively posted here about his project. It should do what you want if i remember right. I don't know its recent stand.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/taudioconverter/
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

Reply #7
You can create a custom convert entry to create 2 different files (flac + mp3 or opus etc.).
Also you can create lossless files first and after that create a lossy version to another folder.

I use the following scheme for that:
Manual folder specified + name format:
$replace( $replace(%path%,.wv,),,)

You should change some stuff there according to the source files you should use
$replace( $replace(%path%,.wav,),,) first and if you choose the Wavpack or flac files to convert to mp3 you change wav to the source format at that moment, to prevent creating double extensions.