Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Biography Discussion (Read 154450 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Biography Discussion

Reply #825
^ You could try enable "Album name auto-clean" setting (in Options > Server Settings tab (blue) > Miscellaneous tab) - description of it is written at the bottom.

Reply #827
^ You could try enable "Album name auto-clean" setting (in Options > Server Settings tab (blue) > Miscellaneous tab) - description of it is written at the bottom.

this definitely seemed like it would be the answer based on its description, thank you! unfortunately i couldn't get it to work even after resetting the cache and forcing updates.

as an experiment i made a new tag field called "album_clean" and manually created a tag for "Meddle" vs "Meddle (German)", went to server settings>title format and changed %BIO_ALBUM% to "$if2(%album_clean%, %album%)" which works as expected (but still doesn't clean the tag if it falls back to %album%). i'm wondering if perhaps the "utils.ReplaceIllegalChars" function is broken in v2 (32 bit)?

Reply #828
i'm wondering if perhaps the "utils.ReplaceIllegalChars" function is broken in v2 (32 bit)?

No such thing exists in Spider Monkey Panel. That's in JScript Panel only (v2.5 and above). And it's for replacing illegal characters in windows file/folder names - nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Reply #829
i'm wondering if perhaps the "utils.ReplaceIllegalChars" function is broken in v2 (32 bit)?

No such thing exists in Spider Monkey Panel. That's in JScript Panel only (v2.5 and above). And it's for replacing illegal characters in windows file/folder names - nothing to do with the subject at hand.

oh gosh thank you, somehow i hadn't noticed i was exploring around the jscript folder not the SMP folder, oops!  :-[

in any case though, given my limited (to say the least) understanding of javascript the SMP js files are even more cryptic to me. i am guessing that it must be something i'm doing wrong but i'm not sure what else to do besides manually creating a separate clean album title tag. the "clean album title" checkbox doesn't seem to have any effect even if the match % numbers are turned way down.

thanks again for the clarification Marc (and for all of your other work), if anyone has any suggestions i'm open to them! :)

edit: I managed to get it working by adding "replace(/\([^)]*\)/g, ' ')" to the albumClean function in names.js!

Reply #830
Could you make a x64 Jscript 3 version? I miss this beautiful biography on foobar2000 x64.

Reply #831
I get the following error:
ActiveX_Run failed:
ActiveXObject:
  code: 0x80070005
  description: Access is denied.

source: msxml3.dll

File: lastfm.js
Line: 638, Column: 16
Stack trace:
  search@lastfm.js:638:16