Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Using foo_run to play a song on another instance of foobar (Read 1405 times) previous topic - next topic

Using foo_run to play a song on another instance of foobar

Hi everybody,

I'm close to making this work, but it's not working yet !
The command I'm using with foo_run is this one :
"C:\Program Files '('x86')'\foobar2000 '('instance 2')'\foobar2000.exe" /add /immediate /command:play "%path%"

Unfortunately it doesn't work completely when instance 2 of foobar isn't launched yet : it launches instance 2, it adds the song to the playlist, but it doesn't start playing it automatically. Seems to be 100% reproducible.

Any hints ? Thanks.

Re: Using foo_run to play a song on another instance of foobar

Reply #1
Why not use just '/immediate "%path%"' as parameters?

Reply #2
I'm not familiar with foobar command-line parameters : this syntax was suggested some time ago by a foobar forums member.

That being said, I have just tried your own syntax : "C:\Program Files '('x86')'\foobar2000 '('instance 2')'\foobar2000.exe" /immediate "%path%"
It doesn't work either : it launches instance 2, it adds the song to the playlist, but it doesn't start playing it automatically.

The difference with my previous command is that your command doesn't start playing the song even when instance 2 is active.
At least my previous command starts playing the song once instance 2 is active, which is better than nothing but not ideal.

So, is there a way to make this work completely or not ? Thank you. :)

Reply #3
Untick 'Set "Enqueue" as the default action' under Preferences -> Shell Integration and my command plays the file.

Reply #4
Works like a charm ! Thank you @Case, amazing job ! I would never have found that ! :D
For future reference, the "Set Enqueue" must of course be unticked in instance 2, not in instance 1. ;)