Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: XLD cue splitting...I can't get it to JUST do the splitting... (Read 2133 times) previous topic - next topic

XLD cue splitting...I can't get it to JUST do the splitting...

Back in the mists of time I thought it would be a good idea to rip my albums to .cue and one big flac. Now that I'm trying to use Roon (which doesn't support this combination) I need to extract them all. I've also recently migrated to OSX and it's all a bit new over this side of the fence!

I've got hold of a copy of XLD which looked great but I can't get it to do what I want and I'm hoping for some help.

I have a large hierarchy of directories by artist leading to albums. Some of these albums are .cue & FLAC, some are .cue and WAV and some are split out into individual FLACs/WAVs.

I assumed that I could point it at the 'root' directory and that it would walk the structure and process cue files leaving the file format as it is. What happens is that it converts everything to whatever format I've selected in the preferences and it doesn't only deal with the .cue files but it also converts all the split-out files too. It obviously makes sense from the app's point of view but is there anyway that I can get it to:

1) Walk a directory structure
2) When it comes across a .cue with matching FLAC/WAV it splits them out
3) Adds appropriate tags (I've got it to do this in my experiments)

I've tried the command line option and that looks great but I was hoping not to have to write a script to walk the directory structure. Also, I can't find documentation on detailed error reporting so I can't see how to accurately detect whether or not the split has happened correctly.

I have a lot to do so batch processing is definitely the way forward, so if there is a more suitable app then I am all ears.

Cheers,
Crom

Re: XLD cue splitting...I can't get it to JUST do the splitting...

Reply #1
Not a very constructive response and not what I'd hoped for having spent a lot of time reading HA.

I then  re-read my post and wondered if, perhaps, I hadn't been clear about what I was asking, so...specifically:

Is it possible to configure XLD to batch process the splitting of sound files according to a cue file and  leave the resulting file in the original format?

I hope that's clearer.