Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Non-Recurrent Shuffler (Read 2540 times) previous topic - next topic

Non-Recurrent Shuffler

Hi, i'd like to share this little app i made:

Non-Recurrent Shuffler takes an input m3u or m3u8 file and organizes it semi-randomly. The app randomizes the playlist, then scans the files and sorts them according to a user selected tag (Default: Artist). Files with the same tag are spread out evenly in the playlist, never playing twice in a row (when possible).
The only situation where it won't work is if the most popular tag takes up more than half the playlist, in which case the program just spreads them evenly an does the best it can.

I made this for myself because i couldn't find anything like it on the Internet. It's great for making mix CDs and such.
It's my first project using Python, so it's probably inefficient and loaded with bad practice, but it works

andrew_berge

Re: Non-Recurrent Shuffler

Reply #1
Updated.
I decided to rewrite this thing to make it easier to use. You can now just drag and drop a playlist file onto the exe to shuffle it, or you can use the command line for a few advanced options.
I'm unfamiliar with GitHub, but you should be able to download the zip here: NRS v2016.