Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Search (Read 3905 times) previous topic - next topic

Search

Why doesn't a search for aac+ or he-aac produce any results? I've seen plenty of threads with one of those two in the title.
Happiness - The agreeable sensation of contemplating the misery of others.

Search

Reply #1
It seems to me that the current search engine is actually worse (!) than the former one.

It uses +, - and other special charachters to perform the search, that's why aac-he and aac+ don't work.

I think your only hope is searching for AAC* and finding the relevant threads among the results (which will probably be countless, unfortunately)

It seems IPB 1.2 is google-friendly, so you might be luckier using google to search for aac-he inside the hydrogenaudio.org domain. :D

Search

Reply #2
It seems IPB 1.2 is google-friendly, so you might be luckier using google to search for aac-he inside the hydrogenaudio.org domain.

That is the funniest thing I have read today. It is true though. Going outside of HA (Google) to search for topics in HA. hahahahahahah, I can't stop laughing!!!       
[span style=\'font-size:10pt;line-height:100%\']Ib[/span]

Search

Reply #3
It seems IPB 1.2 is google-friendly, so you might be luckier using google to search for aac-he inside the hydrogenaudio.org domain.

That is the funniest thing I have read today. It is true though. Going outside of HA (Google) to search for topics in HA. hahahahahahah, I can't stop laughing!!!       

It works if you use Google's "Advanced Search".
Specify: Only return results from the site or domain -> http://www.hydrogenaudio.org

It's funny (for you at least) but it does work.

Search

Reply #4
It's funny (for you at least) but it does work.

I know that it works, that is why I wrote "It is true though." in my previous post. But really, think about it: Going outside of HA to search for something in HA. It is not only HA, but also CDex forums are affected too. They also use Invision Boards.
So guess it is up to them (Invision) to fix this. Am I worng?

Edit: I was not laughing at rjamorim, or what he said. I was laughing at what the search function makes us do. Is it clearer now?
[span style=\'font-size:10pt;line-height:100%\']Ib[/span]

Search

Reply #5
I was not laughing at rjamorim, or what he said. I was laughing at what the search function makes us do. Is it clearer now?

OK, really sorry. I just misunderstood your previous post.

Search

Reply #6
Edit: I was not laughing at rjamorim, or what he said. I was laughing at what the search function makes us do. Is it clearer now?

I understood you was laughing at my method.

And I agree, the search engine used by IPB utterly sucks. I was hoping the "Advanced Search Syntax" (ASS?) would help improve the searches here, but it instead made them worse.

If you want to see what I mean: go to Google and search for
AAC+ site:hydrogenaudio.org

I think we should replace the "search" link at the top with a link to Google.