Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC question (Read 2599 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC question

Hi all,
this is my first post on this forum, although I have been a regular guest for quite some time. I have learned quite a lot from many of you, and hopefully I might be able to contribute myself now and then.

Here is a thing that has been bothering me lately. (I'm sorry if the answer is already posted somewhere else here, but I have searched the forum, and haven't managed to find anything.) I will often rip an album with EAC using the function "Copy Image & Create Cue Sheet". Later I will split that wav using "Split WAV By Cue Sheet". This works perfectly well, except for the fact that the resulting files are named TRACK NUMBER - TRACK TITLE.

If I rip the tracks separately using "Copy Selected Tracks" I get the desired filename structure: ARTIST - CD TITLE - TRACK NUMBER - TRACK TITLE, as it should be, according the naming scheme I have set up: %A - %C - %N - %T.

Why won't this work with "Split WAV by Cue Sheet"? I would appreciate any tips, so that I won't have to do all the renaming that I'm currently forced to.

Thanks,
Von

EAC question

Reply #1
I'm afraid there's no easy solution to your problem. You could try e-mailing Andre Wiethoff, the author of EAC, and ask him if he can implement correct file renaming when splitting by CUE sheet.

If I were you, I would always rip to separate tracks, and create a CUE sheet using the "Multiple WAV files with gaps (Noncompliant)" option. That way, you will still be able to burn a 1:1 copy of the CD later (using burnatonce, Burrrn or EAC), and you won't have the hassle of splitting large WAV files and manually renaming the individual tracks if you want to convert to a lossy format afterwards.

I rip to WavPack lossless because it's FAST and convenient (using wapet.exe to have the files tagged straight from EAC), create a CUE sheet, and tag the WavPack files with additional information (composer, producer, etc.). Later, I use dBpowerAMP to convert several WavPack albums to MPC while I'm not using the computer - also very convenient, because it will copy all tag information from the Wavpack files.

If this sounds like a solution to you, here's how you need to configure EAC, depending on which lossless format you wish to use:

WavPack:

1) Use file extension: .wv
2) Specifiy path to wapet.exe (wapet.exe should be in the same folder as wavpack.exe)
3) Additional command line options: %d -t "Artist=%a" -t "Title=%t" -t "Album=%g" -t "Year=%y" -t "Track=%n" -t "Genre=%m" wavpack.exe %s %d

FLAC:

1) Use file extension: .flac
2) Specifiy path to flac.exe
3) Additional command line options: -T "Artist=%a" -T "Title=%t" -T "Album=%g" -T "Date=%y" -T "Tracknumber=%n" -T "Genre=%m" %s -o %d

Monkey's Audio:

1) Use file extension: .ape
2) Specifiy path to wapet.exe (wapet.exe should be in the same folder as mac.exe)
3) Additional command line options: %d -t "Artist=%a" -t "Title=%t" -t "Album=%g" -t "Year=%y" -t "Track=%n" -t "Genre=%m" mac.exe %s %d -c2000

Hope this helps a bit.

CU

Dominic

EAC question

Reply #2
Thanks a lot Dominic,
this sounds like it could be the way to go for me. I'll give it a try!

Von