Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to define a playlist as playback queue? (Read 3054 times) previous topic - next topic

How to define a playlist as playback queue?

Hi,

I tried several components and no one allows me to do what I want, unfortunately, Playback Queue Viewer only allows me to view the queue not to edit or keep it.
Is there a way too add queue items to a normal playlist with all the advantages?

Re: How to define a playlist as playback queue?

Reply #1
Use a playlist instead of the queue.

Reply #2
Yes, I already did that but for me the problem came from the context menu. I use a JScript media library viewer and it takes time to add items to a specific playlist by Legacy Commands (click and double-click send them directly to a playlist called Library View).
If I can't change the playback queue, do you think there is a faster way to add items from Library Tree to a specific playlist named Queue by the context menu? Like "Add to playback queue".

This is a little dilemma for me, Library Tree is more aesthetic than Album list panel but it prevents drag & drop because of Library View.

Reply #3
I use a JScript media library viewer and it takes time to add items to a specific playlist by Legacy Commands (click and double-click send them directly to a playlist called Library View).

Why not use Library View as your queue? You can personalize the playlist name in the preferences tab, by the way.
I'm late

Reply #5
I use a JScript media library viewer and it takes time to add items to a specific playlist by Legacy Commands (click and double-click send them directly to a playlist called Library View).

Why not use Library View as your queue? You can personalize the playlist name in the preferences tab, by the way.

Good idea, thanks! This seems to be the best solution for me. However, Library Tree auto-organizes the playlist in alphabetical order, every time I add an item it re-organizes my order (which is based on my tastes) in alphabetical order.
Did you success to change this behavior?

Reply #6
In theory, it should be possible to customise every aspect of the behaviour because it's all written in script that anyone can edit. You'd need to ask the script author about specifics though. It's unlikely anyone else can help.

BTW, the lack of drag/drop out in to other panels is a limitation of the JScript Panel component - not the script.

Reply #7
BTW, the lack of drag/drop out in to other panels is a limitation of the JScript Panel component - not the script.

Thanks of the tip, now I can say that I have no interest to contour playlist affiliations because it will not allow me drag/drop.

I just have to bypass this auto sort in alphabetical order to have my queue playlist without restriction.
Hopefully the author will see my issue, if not I will try to contact him soon.

Reply #8

Good idea, thanks! This seems to be the best solution for me. However, Library Tree auto-organizes the playlist in alphabetical order, every time I add an item it re-organizes my order (which is based on my tastes) in alphabetical order.
Did you success to change this behavior?

I actually never really bothered because I usually listen to my selections in random mode, but I made some tests and I don't think it's possible. You have to stick to the legacy commands for that. You can set the single or double click action to "add to specified playlist" and name the specified playlist "queue".
I'm late

Reply #9
You have to stick to the legacy commands for that. You can set the single or double click action to "add to specified playlist" and name the specified playlist "queue".

Sorry to borrow you again, can you explain to me how can I do that?
I know how to change keyboard shortcuts but I don't see how to change click or double click action.

Reply #10
You have to stick to the legacy commands for that. You can set the single or double click action to "add to specified playlist" and name the specified playlist "queue".

Sorry to borrow you again, can you explain to me how can I do that?
I know how to change keyboard shortcuts but I don't see how to change click or double click action.

Given that we're talking about the Library Tree, you have the options in the preferences tab.

I'm late

Reply #12
Today while looking through the settings I noticed Queue Contents Editor allows for this, and remembered this thread. Just_Addict linked to the component a few posts above.

Allows the queue contents to be rearranged like a regular playlist.