Skip to main content
Topic: Foobar2000 (Mobile Edition)  (Read 65146 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Foobar2000 (Mobile Edition)

Reply #200
I upped the resolution of my cover art pictures but I can still see the artifacts on some that are not there when I open them as normal pictures in other app
If it's a scaling artifact you might want to reduce them to match the screen's resolution.

Reply #201
I upped the resolution of my cover art pictures but I can still see the artifacts on some that are not there when I open them as normal pictures in other app
If it's a scaling artifact you might want to reduce them to match the screen's resolution.
They look like jpeg artifacts. I don't know.

Reply #203
The resolution you see in specific locations of the program is hard coded in the program. The reason for this, is because the resized images are cached in memory for a while, and larger sizes with large libraries tends to lead to the player running out of memory.

Maybe you can convince Peter to try a mode that does no image caching whatsoever, and instead just loads images to memory as-is only when they are being displayed, then immediately disposes of them when they leave the screen. You may experience noticeable load time hitching as it reads the artwork, but you'll have your full resolution 300dpi artwork!

re

Reply #204
foobar2000 mobile resizes each image to the intended resolution and saves the resized version into its application data for future reuse, so next time the image loads near instantly. I chose to use JPEG for images with no alpha channel and PNG for images with alpha channel, which seems like a sensible tradeoff to me. Going 100% PNG will cause considerably higher CPU usage - but it may not result in a noticeable performance drop on today's high end devices. I'll provide an option to use only lossless formats (PNG) for rescaled images in a future update.

EDIT
Tested what happens if I go 100% PNG on my current low-anchor device, nothing particularly horrible, so here we go, from the next beta - 1.1.13 - no more intermediate JPEG.

EDIT 2
1.1.13 beta is available on Android.
Opt-in to receive betas here - https://foobar2000.org/test-android

Reply #205
I have foobar for android installed. I have a TP-link C2 wifi router with shared USD/UPNP plugged in to the router.
My laptop computer (Win 7), my Ipad (using Upnp app) and my android phone (using Suomi player) can access and browse the music easily
Foobar android does have an option to allow us to add server/shared drive.  However, it is frustrating to configure the shared drive on foobar. I did not success. I have tried to add the drive by below gramma
http://XX.XX.XX.XX/ with XX is my shared drive static LAN IP. this method is succeeded with Suomi player.
//XX.XX.XX.XX
//XX.XX.XX.XX:server password/
=============
Does anyone know how to adding the shared network drive on foobar for android?
You answers are really appreciated!!!!

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018