Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Page Feedback (Read 2508 times) previous topic - next topic

Page Feedback

Hello,
I'm watching this forum now for years and I not like the new changes which was done recently.

* The attachment size is horrible in 2015 not even 50 KB? Really?
* I can't edit or see any edit to advance edit the topic (default style) so you must always extra click on 'More' and mofiy instead of adding a small button to do such basics. And on some sub-forums like fb2k support thread it's not even visible so it's impossible to edit something.
* Sometimes I see at the bottom the 'add files by dragging & dropping or select them' thing and sometimes I only see an older 'select them .. or browse to file' menu.
* I can't see any 'edit' function to edit my topics.
* There is no share button (not that I need that but would help a bit for social media friends)
* The inbox message limit should be bigger
* Under the buttons on the top there is a 'second' navigator bar which is pretty useless because clicking on the little home or the Forum stuff is exactly the same as clicking on the top 'Forum' so this is redundant.
* I always get 'Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message' if I want to post stuff so I need to re-click on 'post'.

Re: Page Feedback

Reply #1
Hello,
I'm watching this forum now for years and I not like the new changes which was done recently.
We can't please everyone.

* The attachment size is horrible in 2015 not even 50 KB? Really?
The attachment size limit is actually 40MB per post.

* I can't edit or see any edit to advance edit the topic (default style) so you must always extra click on 'More' and mofiy instead of adding a small button to do such basics. And on some sub-forums like fb2k support thread it's not even visible so it's impossible to edit something.
If you'd read the forum a bit, you'd notice that regular users are only allowed to edit their posts up to an hour after posting. We're working on fixing it so privileged users such as Developers are allowed to edit all of their posts.

* Sometimes I see at the bottom the 'add files by dragging & dropping or select them' thing and sometimes I only see an older 'select them .. or browse to file' menu.
You are only supposed to be able to attach files to the Uploads subforums anyway.

* I can't see any 'edit' function to edit my topics.
Again, you are only allowed to edit up to an hour after posting.

* There is no share button (not that I need that but would help a bit for social media friends)
Strange, that should be enabled for all boards for all user groups.

* The inbox message limit should be bigger
I'll look into increasing it, but it's also set per post count group.

* Under the buttons on the top there is a 'second' navigator bar which is pretty useless because clicking on the little home or the Forum stuff is exactly the same as clicking on the top 'Forum' so this is redundant.
A crumb bar. Some may find it useful.

* I always get 'Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message' if I want to post stuff so I need to re-click on 'post'.
That's strange. How long did it take you to compose the message? Also note that you should be sending message drafts periodically while composing it, automatically.

Reply #2
The old problem of differing ideas of decimal separators strikes again. ;) "40,960 KB" = 40960 KB (that ought to be kibibytes, right?) or 40 megs.

First impressions are pretty good on my part. Things arguably look way too fancy by this site's standards ;), but that's a matter of getting used to it. (But that smiley sure sucks - no contrast at all. That's the kind of stuff that I already complained about years ago, actually.)

I have only one major complaint so far, and that's pretty minor absolutely speaking - the favicon's background has gone from white to transparent and now stands out far less against the grey (212, 208, 200) tab background, making it harder for me to find the tab again. I have like a gazillion tabs open, and sites with easily recognizable favicons really help navigating among them.

EDIT: I only get "Quote" and "More..." buttons on my message. Something as commonly used as the edit function really should not be tucked away in a submenu, so I hope this can be changed.

Oh, and I can't choose whether or not my signature is to be displayed? Hmm... ;-/

Reply #3
Topic would have been better posted in the feedback thread, but whatevs.

The 'Quick edit' button was there during the argonaural.io tests but now seems to have been merged into the More button. The former arrangement was easier imo.

Reply #4
Quick Edit is, like the Modify option, only available for one hour. We are waiting on a mod to allow groups such as the Developer groups to edit indefinitely. This is to try to prevent cases we've actually had where a former member would go through their entire post history and edit their posts into oblivion.

Reply #5
Quick Edit is, like the Modify option, only available for one hour. We are waiting on a mod to allow groups such as the Developer groups to edit indefinitely. This is to try to prevent cases we've actually had where a former member would go through their entire post history and edit their posts into oblivion.

Should have clarified, was following from the previous comment about regular posts missing the standalone Quick Edit button.

This is how my current post appears:

Reply #6
Thanks for the answers guys. :)

The old problem of differing ideas of decimal separators strikes again. ;) "40,960 KB" = 40960 KB (that ought to be kibibytes, right?) or 40 megs.

Yes then it's incorrect anyway and should show MB instead of KB, but I wondering why it rejected my 1 MB file then. So something seems wrong. I tried to upload this file which is overall ~200 kb big.

Reply #7
Quick Reply and Quick Edit vanished because of my failed experiment with adding the "async" keyword to the page scripts' tags. That breaks things, because the scripts need to be loaded before the rest of the page does. Compressing them, as they are now, should definitely speed up loading times now.

Reply #8
Thank you kode54 for feedback and quick fixes/changes on this. :)