Skip to main content
Topic: Library Tree (Read 21664 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Library Tree

Reply #25
@WilB
Thanks for your fine work as I have been using Library Tree almost right from the start. And it just keeps getting better..

Reply #27
thanks!

Reply #28
^ You're welcome.

New Version: Library Tree 1.3.1

Reply #29
Hi WiiB
Great new version (1.3.1). Thanks for all your hard work.

I've found a small annoyance. I use the following query for getting a tree of Genres;
View by Genre // %<genre>%|[%band% - ]%album%|[[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber% ][%track artist% - ]%title%

I use multi-value genres.

However the panel crashes at line 583, Col 93. Unable to get property 'name' of undefined or null reference.

It could well be my inconsistant tagging but I wouldn't expect a crash.

Reply #30
New Version: Library Tree 1.3.2

Requirements are unchanged.

Reply #32
New Version: Library Tree 1.3.4: Optimisation under rare scenario.

Reply #35
New Version: Library Tree 1.3.7

Reply #36
Post removed

Reply #37
New Version: Library Tree 1.3.8

Reply #39
New Version: Library Tree 1.3.9.1

Reply #40
^^^ Note that Library Tree 1.3.9.1 and earlier versions won't work with JScript panel v2+.

Reply #41
New Version: Library Tree 1.3.9.2

Requires JScript panel 2.01+ & optionally m-TAGS (foo_tags 1.13+) for creating m-TAGS in batch style using library tree.

Use the 'Chakra' script engine if possible (requires IE9 or later) - select in the JScript panel configuration window (shift + right click).

Reply #42
Great work but it's slow upon loading foobar? Taking 3-4 seconds to load after foobar has loaded.

Reply #43
Think I will stop at Library Tree 1.3.9.1 , foobar 1.3.16 portable , foo_jscript_panel 1.3.2.2 Every thing works great. To many changes with foo 1.4 and jscript v2 . May change my mind later...

Thanks for your great work..

Reply #44
@Bratman. I have not seen that type of behaviour. Initialisation times on my pc are nearly as fast as DUI album list, and unchanged from the previous version. The tree also appears as foobar2000 loads. Absolute initialisation times depend on pc speed, library size and complexity of view patterns. Note that JScript panel runs most things in the main thread and so conceivably could be delayed by other things. To optimise speed, check that the 'chakra' engine is being used. If updating to JScript panel 2.0.1, existing panels will default to the JScript engine and so it would need setting. Chakra engine is 1.15 - 1.5x faster during initialisation of views in my tests, and ~ 7-fold faster at certain other things, like recursive expansion. Mostly however the chakra engine gives a modest improvement. You could try switching off "Tree Remember State" in panel properties and avoid the themes to see if that makes any difference.

Reply #45
Nevermind I was using the first version. Still my foobar without Jscript installed loads in 3.0 seconds (I am using CUI) but with JScript 2.01 it loads in 4.4 seconds even before creating a JScript panel so it is too slow. Jscript 1.3.2.2 loads in 3.1 seconds very good but with your library tree 1.3.8 the console says 3.1 but it's not true my cursor is spinning and I am unable to do anything for 2-3 seconds. I tried you suggestions but they did not make a difference. Is it the size of my library it's very big? Although it is faster to use 2 CUI filters than Jscript library tree.

Also I lost all my edits to the JSmooth script installed 2.01 reverted it back to default and broke your biography script too.

^Edit Actually CUI library tree is even slower! Your library tree is faster but I never used library tree before I was using filters to browse library with Album Artist > Album and liked the black scroll bar / themes from your library script. I never knew library tree is that slow I prefer filters oh well back to white scroll bars lol

Reply #46
Updated to Foobar1.4b3 , JScript Panel v2.01 and Library Tree 1.3.9.2 runs Beautifully seems to load a bit quicker. {This is an updated portable version of foobar2000 v1.3.17}
(One day is long enough to hold back)

Thanks Foobar , marc2k3 & WilB   

Reply #47
All users of Library Tree 1.3.9.2 should ensure that the 'Chakra' script engine is used (requires IE9 or later) - select in the JScript panel configuration window  (shift + right click). The script will not run properly with the JScript engine.

Reply #48
New Version: Library Tree 1.4

Requirement: JScript Panel 2.1.0+

Use the 'Chakra' script engine if possible (requires IE9 or later) - its faster with this script. Set in the JScript panel configuration window (shift + right click).

Reply #49
New Version: Library Tree 1.401

Requirement as above

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018