Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "Partial" CUE Sheet: only for a portion of the CD image. (Read 2752 times) previous topic - next topic

"Partial" CUE Sheet: only for a portion of the CD image.

Dear Forum,

most of my music library consists of my CD images, ripped with EAC as .flac and each one with its CUE Sheet.

I use MusicBee as player, with satisfaction: it recognizes the CUE Sheet and shows its connected album as it was a group of tracks. So, I can't preserve the images intact: I don't need to split them.

But some images contain different musical compositions: two symphonyc concerts, for example, one by Schumann and one by Brahms. In these cases, sometimes I'd prefer to make them to appear in MusicBee Library as two different "Albums".

Is it possible to create .cue files related only to a portion of the CD image?

If I want to put out the last three tracks, for example, I can simply delete the relative lines in the .cue file, but so the last track showed in MusicBee (fourth from last in the original CD) would last till the end of the image, summing all the remaining music in addition to the proper track.

Some suggestions?

Thank you!

Reply #1
Since it is designed for CD burning and not for being used as a playlist, the cue sheet can only say where the audio tracks start. It does not include a way of saying where the tracks end. The last track in the cue sheet ends at the end of the last audio file in the cue sheet.

Reply #3
Since it is designed for CD burning and not for being used as a playlist, the cue sheet can only say where the audio tracks start.

Very clear, thak you mjb. That's what I was afraid of...

Couldn't one just create two separate playlists?

Yes, but a "playlist" is something different, in MusicBee at least, from the tracks as they appear as elements of the Library, and sorted by album title, artist etc. Different sections, different logic in browsing them etc.

It would be better to make these portions of CDs to appear as albums, rather than to treat them as playlists...

Reply #4
Split your images into single tracks and tag these tracks according to your needs, instead of messing with the CUE sheet.