Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Flac tagging with CUETools (Read 4211 times) previous topic - next topic

Flac tagging with CUETools

Hi,

I'm trying to split a flac album file, with associated cue file, to single track files with CUETools 2.1.5.
The cue file has inside all the info: album, genre, tracks titles, etc..:

REM GENRE Jazz
REM DATE 1957
REM DISCID 900CBA0B
REM COMMENT "AudioCopy"
PERFORMER "Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong"
TITLE "Ella And Louis"
FILE "Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong - Ella And Louis.flac" WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "Can't We Be Friends?"
INDEX 00 00:00:00
INDEX 01 00:00:33
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "Isn't This A Lovely Day?"
INDEX 00 03:46:20
INDEX 01 03:49:20

(The only strange thing I see in the cue, is the double index field)

but when I convert to single tracks, the tags are not written at all.
Opening in foobar2000 and mp3tag all the tags fields are blank.

I've tried both cuetools and libFlac encoders.
The files are succesfully splitted and encoded and play well.

CUETools is set like this:
action: encode
mode: tracks and edit tags, verify CTDB and AccurateRip checked.
All options in tagging settings are checked, except "Overwrite CUE data"

It's the first time I'm using CUEtools, where I'm wrong??
It's a bug??

Thanks,

Mark

Reply #1
Indexes in CUE are fine.

Tags are added after the last audio file is written. Was the process is stopped before complete?
Another program monitoring the destination directory could prevent CUETools from accessing the files again to add the tags.
korth

Reply #2
Indexes in CUE are fine.

Tags are added after the last audio file is written. Was the process is stopped before complete?
Another program monitoring the destination directory could prevent CUETools from accessing the files again to add the tags.

thx for the reply.
No the process hasn't been stopped.
I've tried several times, and also with a different album

There're no programs monitoring the folder, tried also with antivirus disabled, same result.

Reply #3
I'm not aware of anything that could prevent TagLibSharp to process a flac file. Still, is there anything weird about the resulting folder path? Very long, or contains non-printable characters? Is it on a network mounted drive?

What do you see in the 'edit tags' window, and if there are several sets of tags, which one do you choose?
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #4
I'm not aware of anything that could prevent TagLibSharp to process a flac file. Still, is there anything weird about the resulting folder path? Very long, or contains non-printable characters? Is it on a network mounted drive?

What do you see in the 'edit tags' window, and if there are several sets of tags, which one do you choose?

Hi Gregory,

As far as I know, there's nothing strange in the path:
The folder "H:\Music\1957. Ella And Louis" contains the single flac file and cue
I've trie to write both in a subfolder, named "output" and both in the default "...music/converted/..." inside the user folder.

There's no non-printable characters and no network drive (sources are on external usb drive)

with another flac+cue downloaded from internet, everything works fine, so it should be something in the Ella & Louis album

The only possible problem I see is that there is a "?" in the first song title, but it's correctly converted to "_" in the file naming, and also there are tons of song title with "?"...

I'll try to make other test, and if I found the problem I let you know here.
Thanks for the support!