Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Beta: mp4 Codec Beta 4 (Read 5746 times) previous topic - next topic

Beta: mp4 Codec Beta 4

Mp4 Tags have now stabilized, they seem to be more robust and at the same time are now compatible with iTunes (all the thanks goes to menno @audiocoding.com for his hard work). A Little bit of bad news - this new method of tagging is not compatible with the older method used for beta 3, beta 4 will not read beta 3 tags.

Download:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dBpowerAMP-...codec-mp4b4.exe

1.16MB

after installing the above (it uses fastenc AAC encoder) if you want a slightly higher quality encoder, but slower encoder then install this mp4-aacenc codec over the top:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dBpowerAMP-...acenc-alter.exe

327KB

Reply #1
Thank you for your hard work spoon!

A quick question: If you have already made your mp4 with Nero and tagged them with the new beta Foobar2000, do you need to install the dBpowerAMP mp4 codec, or is Sveta + the iPod plugin sufficient to transfer them to your iPod?

Reply #2
You would need the mp4 codec as well - this is used to read the length and the ID tags.

Reply #3
If Ahead release a standalone codec for those who purchase the bundle but don't want the rubbish, is there any chance it could be supported in your app?
< w o g o n e . c o m / l o l >

Reply #4
There is a very...very distinct possibility of this.

Reply #5
Out of curiosity, what kind of tags are used?  I know that people (including me) previously have been using Foobar2000 for tagging, which applies ID3v1 and APEv2.0 by default, but what kind of tagging is used for this new version?  I'll download and install soon.  Thanks for all your hard work!
-CyberInferno

Reply #6
Out of curiosity, what kind of tags are used?

QT tags (I.E, the tags defined by the QuickTime MOV standard, that happens to be the standard used as base for the MP4 container)

Reply #7
QT tags (I.E, the tags defined by the QuickTime MOV standard, that happens to be the standard used as base for the MP4 container)

So how should we all go about retagging?  Is there a way to tag in DBpoweramp without reencoding?  Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind...I found the right-click "edit tag" feature.  Is there anyway to automatically get the track names from the files, though?
-CyberInferno

Reply #8
Is there anyway to automatically get the track names from the files, though?

I think the ideal would be if Case supported QT tags in tag.exe.

That would surely be great

Reply #9
I think the ideal would be if Case supported QT tags in tag.exe.

That would surely be great

Yep.  I saw a new version of tagger out and I really hoped that case had added aac/mp4 support, but I see that he hasn't.  *sigh*...maybe someday.
-CyberInferno

Reply #10

So how should we all go about retagging?  Is there a way to tag in DBpoweramp without reencoding?  Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind...I found the right-click "edit tag" feature.  Is there anyway to automatically get the track names from the files, though?

If you have my Audio Player - add all these mp4 files to the player, artist and track name will be taken from the filename, then select all the tracks and 'ReWrite tags' back to the files.