Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Construction of filename from FLAC tag (Read 2612 times) previous topic - next topic

Construction of filename from FLAC tag

Please help me! I've searched the forums but didn't find any answer of how to make a resulting FLAC filename from FLAC tags. I rip my CD's with EAC but the end filenames are only Track titles of the CD and i want EAC to insert a Track number BEFORE Track title cuz Windows arranges files using the filename and without track number in filename of the each track makes my collection pretty messed up...

anyone can help?

thanks in advance

Construction of filename from FLAC tag

Reply #1
You can set up the filename in EAC (Options -> Filename). Most people prefer something like %A-%Y-CDtype-%C\%N-%T ;

If you already ripped your CDs and want to change their filenames from tags, cases's Tag will do that and much more. If you don't like CLI applications you might want to use a graphical frontend like Speek's Tag frontend.

dev0
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.