Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Songs That are Not Found in FreeDB (Read 5768 times) previous topic - next topic

Songs That are Not Found in FreeDB

Hi I been out of the loop for freedb  I redid my hard drive and could have sworn there is another freedb source or server I can add as a alternative to use.  My point im trying to make is some CDs dont come up on the database like you do tagging on foobar and freedb "files not found on server" I get.  I just like to see if there are other places to look for tagging for some cds that have no info.

Thanks

Reply #1
Hi I been out of the loop for freedb  I redid my hard drive and could have sworn there is another freedb source or server I can add as a alternative to use.  My point im trying to make is some CDs dont come up on the database like you do tagging on foobar and freedb "files not found on server" I get.  I just like to see if there are other places to look for tagging for some cds that have no info.

Thanks

I'm interested to know of alternative tagger databases too. I am in New Zealand and so far freedb hasn't been able to find track titles for any of my NZ CDs are. It is causing a bit of a headache for my project to make a minimalist audio player for my hifi system, since it throws up an error window when it cant find track information that then requires a mouse action to close the error window (I dont want to have a mouse!).

After noticing that EAC uses freedb more succesfully than Foobar, I changed the server to "freedb.freedb.org" which helps a lot. However, this doesn't help with NZ music CDs

Edit: Now this is weird - I just went to the freedb website and searched for one of the CD's that didn't find any tags and it IS in their database. Why can't Foobar OR EAC get it's details then? It is a genuine store purchased copy.

Reply #2
Good news!
  If anyone else is having this problem, try the following:

Just change the server to:

freedb.musicbrainz.org

Works for me!

Reply #3
Good news!

freedb.musicbrainz.org

Works for me!

This works beautifully.  Thank you.

Reply #4
Good news!

freedb.musicbrainz.org

Works for me!

This works beautifully.  Thank you.

There's also a Discogs tagger for Foobar which might be worth investigating. I haven't used the plugin myself, but their website has been useful when tracking down information on some pretty obscure albums and individual tracks.