Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "Batch Attach Pictures" Problems for Me (Read 1972 times) previous topic - next topic

"Batch Attach Pictures" Problems for Me

I have spent two hours trying to figure out how the context menu option of “Batch Attach Pictures” works with no luck. I select the items I want to attach pictures to, and in the Batch Attach Pictures dialogue I specify the appropriate directory where the picture that I want attached is stored, for example, C:\Users\Owner\Dropbox\Music\%album%.jpg, and press ok, but nothing happens. No picture is attached to the selected item(s). The jpeg I want attached is just named according to the album title, and it is there in that directory, so I don’t know what the issue is. I have also tried specifying the dirrectory as $directory_path(%path%)\%album%.jpg. Nothing ever happens when I press ok, except a different dialogue box pops up and disappears so fast that I can’t read it.

There is astonishingly little information on this online. I have researched it as best I can, so any help would be appreciated!

On a completely unrelated note, I want foo_jesus to backup my files to a different folder than the default (which is “autobackup” — I have no idea where this is…). Would I do that by typing in C:\owner\dropbox for the foo_jesus settings??

Reply #1
it works fine for me. can foobar write normal tags to the files? that would rule out any permission issues? have you checked the extensions (specifying jpg won't work if they end in jpeg. wildcards are supported if you want to use %album%.*)

one possible reason for it not working is that the album tag contains characters that are illegal in windows filenames. they have to be replaced according to the following rules...

\/:| need to be replaced with -
* needs to be replaced with x
" needs to be replaced with ''
<> need to be replaced with _
? needs to be stripped completely

also, $directory_path(%path%)\%album%.jpg is unnecessary. if the image is in the same folder as the music file, simply the filename of %album%.jpg will do.

Reply #2
Thank you for your response! I can confirm that it does work if I select a file and just put %album%.jpeg in the Batch Attach Pictures dialogue as long as I keep the image in the same folder as the music file. I think the problem was that I had to make the file extension .jpeg instead of .jpg like you said. Also, it now seems to be working when I use the file lookup pattern of “C:\Users\Owner\Dropbox\Music\Art\%album%.jpeg” as well, which is ideal because then I don’t have to take the time to manually put the images in different folders.

Just out of curiosity, do you know why it would still not be working when I specify the file lookup pattern of $directory_path(%path%)\Art\%album%.jpeg? It would be nice to make this work so that I could use the same script on multiple computers without having to worry about the hard file path.

Thanks again!

Reply #3
using $directory_path(%path%) should work but like i said before, it's unnecessary. just this would do...

Code: [Select]
Art\%album%.jpeg

obviously a folder named Art would have to reside in the folder next to the music files and the image would have to be inside it with the correct extension. or you can use %album%.* like i suggested above. then it can be png/jpg/jpeg (and whatever other formats it supports).