Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How is the EAC log checksum generated? (Read 7174 times) previous topic - next topic

How is the EAC log checksum generated?

Hello, I have a few EAC logs that have been created without append the checksum. I just want to know how this checksum is calculated and if it is possible to generate a checksum from an existing log.

Thanks

Reply #2
The script is made to generate the CRC of a WAV file.

EAC LOG checksum depends only on the LOG file... If i change only the log, the check fails.

Should I use the script passing a LOG file as parameter instead of a WAV, since CRC is a method to any kind of file?

Sorry for bad english...

Reply #3
Yes it is possible to generate a new checksum. However, the checksum is only valid in newer EAC versions. If your log files don't have a checksum already because they are from older EAC versions, it makes no sense to add one.