Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Find albums with multiple artists (Read 892 times) previous topic - next topic

Find albums with multiple artists

Can't really flesh out whether or not it's possible to create such a query / playlist. It would be nice to make VA albums more browsable on my ipod, because then I'd just add a ALBUMARTIST tag to these files.

In a similar vain perhaps, I'd like to query for albums with just one or two tracks.

Seems both queries require a form of album-based logic.

Reply #1
you can't search for it using any kind of query or title formatting but you can sort of do it with foo_facets. install the component and add it your layout.

right click the first column header and set it to Album
right click the 2nd column header and set it to Artist
now right click the first column>statistics>subitems.

now click the subitems header to reverse sort and you get all albums with multiple artists at the top.

Reply #2
you can't search for it using any kind of query or title formatting but you can sort of do it with foo_facets. install the component and add it your layout.

right click the first column header and set it to Album
right click the 2nd column header and set it to Artist
now right click the first column>statistics>subitems.

now click the subitems header to reverse sort and you get all albums with multiple artists at the top.

i can only find 'items' under column>statistics after following your steps. and 'items' is empty for all.

Reply #3
when i said 1st/2nd column above, i meant pane. if you set up multiple columns a single pane, sorry about that.