Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 0.7 Public Test (Read 216301 times) previous topic - next topic

0.7 Public Test

Reply #50
I think the update doesn't really get lost, it should still get updated next time playback stops as long as you don't reload info (for technical reasons I made it not flush update queue when advancing tracks, I think I'm going to change this).
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #51
Ahh, I  see, and you're correct about the update happening on playing stopped. I ran a test letting the album play to end and stop by itself, the file was updated.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #52
3 small problems:
1) playlist search: when i  search for exemple " Björk " or "Noir Désir" no results are found because ö é characters aren't  recognized.
2) when seeking , flickering of status bar (sometime, very clear with complicated formatting, less clear with standard formatting.)
3) when "skip silence" is activated, when silence is skipped, time displayed in status bar isn't true.
win 98 foobar 0.7 b9 (edit: corrections)
Music is my first love.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #53
3 small problems:
1) playlist search: when i  search for exemple " Björk " or "Noir Désir" no results are found because ö é characters aren't  recognized.
2) when seeking , flickering of status bar (sometime, very clear with complicated formatting, less clear with standard formatting.)
3) when "skip silence" is activated, when silence is skipped, time displayed in status bar isn't true.
win 98 foobar 0.7 b9 (edit: corrections)

1) known/fixed
2) uninteresting
3) known/fixed

0.7 Public Test

Reply #54
.7b9, XP: Replaygain scanner causes error when scanning one (mp3) file with track gain:

"An error occured while processing files."

The progressbar stops near the end (99%), then the error is displayed. Can be reproduced, even with a fresh download and all defaults.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #55
Can't reproduce (file-specific ?)

0.7 Public Test

Reply #56
Found the problem: the Replaygain scanner seems to be dependant on foo_dsp_extra.dll. I didn't install the extra DSP components, so RG scan didn't work (I assume this dependancy is normal behavoir?).

0.7 Public Test

Reply #57
Found the problem: the Replaygain scanner seems to be dependant on foo_dsp_extra.dll. I didn't install the extra DSP components, so RG scan didn't work (I assume this dependancy is normal behavoir?).

That would be a bug then (rgscan uses resampler for unsupported samplerates), but it should still work without foo_dsp_extra.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #58
0.7 beta 9 won't load any pls playlists, no problems with fpl playlists or with 0.667 version with same playlist files.

Can't reproduce, please post a sample playlist.

It doesn't work with any file and any pls. Here's a simple sample PLS playlist :

<snip>

Music\Dark + Gothic + Mittelalter\Obsidian Voice\Taste of Night\05 - Requiem.ogg

<snip>

or

<snip>

05 - Requiem.ogg

<snip>

After double clicking the PLS file fb2k starts and the playlist window is empty. Dragging a PLS file to the playlist window doesn't work too.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #59
0.7 beta 9 won't load any pls playlists, no problems with fpl playlists or with 0.667 version with same playlist files.

Can't reproduce, please post a sample playlist.

It doesn't work with any file and any pls. Here's a simple sample PLS playlist :

<snip>

Music\Dark + Gothic + Mittelalter\Obsidian Voice\Taste of Night\05 - Requiem.ogg

<snip>

or

<snip>

05 - Requiem.ogg

<snip>

After double clicking the PLS file fb2k starts and the playlist window is empty. Dragging a PLS file to the playlist window doesn't work too.

Should work with "proper" .pls files written by Winamp, which have slightly different syntax.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #60
Beta12 with new SDK posted, components made with older 0.7 SDKs no longer work.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #61
Replaygain scan dependancy fixed, thanks.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #62
Foobar now crashes when connecting to a shoutcast mp3 stream. according to winamp: SHOUTcast Distributed Network Audio Server/win32 v1.9.2.

It happens with two shoutcast streams I tried. I haven't tried more. One is: http://66.28.68.70:8005

0.7 Public Test

Reply #63
Known/fixed, try this.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #64
foobar2000 v.7 b9 fails to start when run with limited user privilages. Here's the information from the event log.

Application popup: foobar2000.exe - Application Error : The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Additional info:
Windows XP Professional SP1
User profile support is enabled
Previous versions ran fine with limited user privilages

Can't reproduce.

Just upgraded to beta 12, no longer able to reproduce...

0.7 Public Test

Reply #65
Should work with "proper" .pls files written by Winamp, which have slightly different syntax.

Sorry but I saved the PLS files with fb2k and I think it should be able to load its own playlist files.
BTW: 0.7beta12 doesn't fixed this bug.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #66

Sorry but I saved the PLS files with fb2k and I think it should be able to load its own playlist files.

I have the same problem. I use fb2k to save the playlist on a .pls and when I add the .pls, it doesn't load the playlist.
I am just a normal person trying to live a normal life.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #67
I have this problem:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....=0&#entry107344

Update: When i try play track 24 with foobar2000 0.7b12
Code: [Select]
INFO (CORE) : opening file for playback : file://E:\audio-cd\korn - follow the leader.cue
ERROR (CORE) : error opening file for playback : file://E:\audio-cd\korn - follow the leader.cue

There is no problem with other tracks.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #68
I'm using foobar2000 0.7 Beta 7 on Windows XP with SP1. if I go to a folder with MP3s and click Play All on the left side under Music Tasks nothing happens.
Also if I select two or more files and right click on them and select Play in foobar2000 nothing happens. If I select only one file and do the same the file is opened and played. Doubleclicing on a file also starts playing it in foobar2000.

Still not fixed in Beta 12.
Live long and prosper!

0.7 Public Test

Reply #69

Hmm, forgot that fb2k itself writes .pls too (or rather, writes m3u files with pls extension).

0.7 Public Test

Reply #70
I'm using foobar2000 0.7 Beta 7 on Windows XP with SP1. if I go to a folder with MP3s and click Play All on the left side under Music Tasks nothing happens.
Also if I select two or more files and right click on them and select Play in foobar2000 nothing happens. If I select only one file and do the same the file is opened and played. Doubleclicing on a file also starts playing it in foobar2000.

Still not fixed in Beta 12.

Can't reproduce.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #71
Bug in 0.7 beta 12?

Using the masstagger's rename files ability the following code produces an error:
\%artist%\$if(%album%,%artist% - %album%\)%artist%[ - Disc %disc%][ - %tracknumber%] - %title%

The previev looks something like:
\'artist'\[SYNTAX ERROR...]\[SYNTAX ERROR...]...

If I remove the \ from inside the $if(..) part of the code it works but that's not what I want :-). The same problem occurs if I put the \ inside brackets, [ ], or whatever they are called. For example [ - %album%\] also produce an error

I tried using / instead of \ but that doesn't work either...

This problem has never occured before in 0.6x or 0.7b9 or earlier...
M-Audio Audiophile 24/96
Nad C350
B&W DM602S2

0.7 Public Test

Reply #72
Not a bug, title formatting strings are now split into directory/file names before processing, to prevent path separator chars inside tags from causing trouble.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #73
Hmm, forgot that fb2k itself writes .pls too (or rather, writes m3u files with pls extension).

Ha, you're right...renaming the PLS files to M3U extension make the playlists work again =).

0.7 Public Test

Reply #74
I have this problem:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.....=0?entry107344

Update: When i try play track 24 with foobar2000 0.7b12
Code: [Select]
INFO (CORE) : opening file for playback : file://E:\audio-cd\korn - follow the leader.cue
ERROR (CORE) : error opening file for playback : file://E:\audio-cd\korn - follow the leader.cue

There is no problem with other tracks.

See what error message you get when you use this test decoder.