Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 0.7 Public Test (Read 216300 times) previous topic - next topic

0.7 Public Test

Change log

Download links:
Lite | Full | SDK

As usually, please report only critical bugs in this thread, any offtopic posts (feature requests etc) will be removed.

[edit] reminder: old configs/components aren't compatible with 0.7, please do not overwrite your old foobar2000 directory with this
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #1
Small Bug:
The Visualization window changes position ever time you change the song.

Windows XP-SP1
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

0.7 Public Test

Reply #2
Small Bug:
The Visualization window changes position ever time you change the song.

Windows XP-SP1

Intentional (it reopens everytime visualisation is flushed). Test vis is just a demo to show people how to write visualisations; it's not really intended for regular use.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #3
Using standard version. After first run there is an error:

ERROR (CORE) : Failed to load DLL: foo_mod.dll, reason: Unable to load dll.

A temp solution is to copy bass.dll from "components" to foobar2000 root dir.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #4
Thanks for buffering of stream! beta2 full version link is broken?

0.7 Public Test

Reply #5
Beta2 posted, fixes major issue with mem_block_aligned_t class in the SDK (causing major noise in certain situations).

0.7 Public Test

Reply #6
'Activate/hide window' seems to actually cycle through activate/unfocus/hide, is it itended?
Plus when exiting and fb is minimized, after restart window is restored again.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #7
There's no way to access audio CDs from the menu.

Enabling Core / Main menu items / Enabled items / Play audio CD... has no effect with 0.7 beta 2.

TIA. : )

edit: oops. reported by Killmaster above.
yep, thanks Spadge, for the workaround : )

edit2:
I think "activate baloon tooltip" aka "Show played track info in systray" is unavailable now, at least manually, via keyboard shortcut.

Any chance this will be coming back?

0.7 Public Test

Reply #8
Looks excellent.   

When scrolling by dragging the mouse outside the box, it seems to have trouble scrolling to the first or last few elements (dependent on the direction of the dragging), though.  Nothing major.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #9
Beta3 posted.
Several useless posts have been deleted, please READ the first post before replying, thank you.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #10
Bugs I noticed, that are introduced with 0.7 (didn't exist in 0.667):

[Fixed]1. I am not quite sure is this a bug or intended behavoiur, but in Playlist\Add Directory last used directory is not saved.
[Fixed]2. When exiting, fb2k window doesn't disappear immediately, but after a few miliseconds.
[Fixed]3. Balloon tooltips are not replaced if song is changed and previous didn't disappear (but, when you click on the first one, second is right behind it).

Windows 2000 SP4

0.7 Public Test

Reply #11
I found a bug in the SDK (in initquit_simple):
Code: [Select]
    virtual void on_init() {func(true);}
    virtual void on_quit() {func(true);}

I think this should be
Code: [Select]
    virtual void on_init() {func(true);}
    virtual void on_quit() {func(false);}

0.7 Public Test

Reply #12
I still can't assign a function to the Delete key on my AZERTY keyboard. See this topic for more information.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #13
Ogg Vorbis error handling doesn't work properly...
It hangs repeats one frame before error infinitely - playback time increases.
Caught on UT2003 Ogg Vorbis RC2 file - Level13.ogg
The file which shows this error played back fine in v. 667

/EDIT\ Level15.ogg is fine, I don't know what fooled me into thinking it played back wrong. \EDIT/

Additionally, in one of these files a corrupt frame at the end of the file is decoded and played back.
This sounds like a pop and confuses ReplayGain scanner, which writes a peak of 60+.
FB2k v. 667 also has a problem with this file.
ruxvilti'a

0.7 Public Test

Reply #14
Bug:

If I select several files in explorer with Foobar closed and double click or right-click and use any of the '* in Foobar2000' options only some of the files are actually added (1 or 2 most times) to the playlist.

[span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%']Fixed in beta 7[/span]
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

0.7 Public Test

Reply #15
when foobar is minimized and "bring to front when adding files from commandline" is DISABLED and you open a file foobar doesn't stay minizied. it comes to the front for a part of a second and then gets minimized again

edit: not the whole foobar window comes to the front but the tag reader window opens
just select 20 files at once and press enter and you'll see what i mean

edit: hm now when i select 20files and press enter at once it sometimes adds only 3, sometimes 15, sometimes 10 (always the same 20files) but never everything

0.7 Public Test

Reply #16
Not sure if this is a so called "pulled out of your ass"  bug, but every time I press the 'help' button, all the text in the popup window is selected as default (like ctrl + A). Kind of annoying.
Beta 3
WinXP SP1

0.7 Public Test

Reply #17
menu_item_context::context_get_display() is called with is_playlist==false even when creating the context menu for the playlist. This is bad when you want to create context menu items that do not apply to the playlist (like "Add to playlist").

edit: is_playlist is set correctly in context_comman(), so "Remove from playlist" does nothing, when called from the context menu for foo_dbsearch. Nevertheless it is in there in the first place.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #18
Not sure if this is intentional or not...
When "show buttons" is enabled and you use the pause button to pause the song, pressing the play button to resume play will result in starting the song from the beginning. The pause button will resume from current position.

Could be intentional behavior for this new version, but I used to use the play button to resume.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #19
foobar => open location
http://www.chantal.de/de/html/discographie...ack_02_high.mp3
(song from my dad's band)

this song is identified by foobar as a 159kbps mp3 file. winamp indetifies it as an 160kbps file. i actually encoded this file with xing at 160kbps some years ago before i knew anything about lame and ha.org. so it should be a 160kbps song. i'm absolutely sure i encoded it at 160kb and not at 159kb. maybe a small bug in the mp3decoder

important edit: when downloading the file and opening it from the hdd foobar idetifies it also as an 160kb mp3 file. only when using "open location" it will display 159kb

0.7 Public Test

Reply #20
It seem non-ansi characters cause the error.But two urls both include non-ansi characters one fine,another error.

It's very strange

If you can access double byte filename, it's your LUCK, not a MUST.

Haha ... The URL contains Simpified Chinese characters and some space (%20)!

This is the incompetence of Windows file handling design. There're a lot of people using double byte characters filename in their localized windows client. But most of the file will go crazy or failed to delete under english version (or any single byte language), especially someone try to copy the file to english version Windows 2000 server.

To make the matter worse, M$'s design was so great that a japanese double byte file can't be accessed in chinese windows ... Even WinXP can't handle this kind of double bytes between ASIA windows! what a damn great design!

So I choose the most stupid way - to change all the chinese filename to english, thanks to M$.

I think UNICODE will bring out other problems, so I decided not to use it.
Hong Kong - International Joke Center (after 1997-06-30)

0.7 Public Test

Reply #21
don't know if this really is a bug..but didn't have it in the 0.6x, in the search window, blocks seem to appear after some titles.

(sorry if i bloat the thread, tried to keep it as small as possible:P)

0.7 Public Test

Reply #22
Beta 7 posted.

0.7 Public Test

Reply #23
I'm using foobar2000 0.7 Beta 7 on Windows XP with SP1. if I go to a folder with MP3s and click Play All on the left side under Music Tasks nothing happens.
Also if I select two or more files and right click on them and select Play in foobar2000 nothing happens. If I select only one file and do the same the file is opened and played. Doubleclicing on a file also starts playing it in foobar2000.

I tried with the new Beta 9 and the problems are still here.
Live long and prosper!

0.7 Public Test

Reply #24
no "random" item in taskbar menu (because no item "system/random" in config/core/main menu item)
is it intended?
Music is my first love.