Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Using USB soundcard makes distortion (Read 1755 times) previous topic - next topic

Using USB soundcard makes distortion

How could I avoid to get distortion when using the USB soundcard? With the internal one there is not any distortion.

Reply #1
How could I avoid to get distortion when using the USB soundcard? With the internal one there is not any distortion.

That was not very specific. Wild guess:
Preferences -> Playback, and under ReplayGain, Processing: choose one of the two options that prevent clipping according to peak?

Reply #2
i'm curious as to how this usb soundcard behaves with other applications? does everything else work fine and it's just foobar that is the problem?

Reply #3
Many thanks.

Sorry for being unspecific. The settings I had up to now for the internal soundcard without hearing any distortion using the internal soundcard: http://i.imgur.com/F6ycaiw.png
There were 2 Internet radio stations I heard with slightly distorted sound (using the 12 $ USB soundcard) and I tried some mp3s, they were distorted also. Changing the playback settings didn't help. Aimp plays the mp3s, the radio stations without distortion, I would say. It appears, that foobar is the only application with distorted sound. Yes, everything else seems to work fine...or...at the moment Aimp sounds distorted, too. When I have started to use the USB soundcard I have had to turn down the volume of the Hifi amplifier, because of such a buzzing sound, which has disappeared then. Now the USB soundcard causes about the same volume (with turned down volume control) like the internal soundcard.

Might there be a preamplification that causes the distortion?

Many thanks again.