Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MP3 gain not accepting music files into add files (Read 10849 times) previous topic - next topic

MP3 gain not accepting music files into add files

I used MP3 gain a few years ago to normalize my iTunes library and it worked fine.  I wanted to redo my library because I have added a lot more music; but this time when I select all my songs and click on open nothing moves into the add files window in MP3gain.  I also tried dragging and dropping songs into the Add Files section and they aren't accepted.  It's weird because while I was messing around I got MP3 gain to accept the entire iTunes media folder into add files, it gave me an error when I tried to analyze the folder which I can understand.  What I don't understand is why I was able to add the entire folder, but it won't accept the songs in my library.  Any help with this would be appreciated.

In case it helps, I am using an intel iMac running Parallels, and Windows 7.  I am able to read and write from the external hard drive with my iTunes library on it, into both Windows and OSX. Thanks

Reply #1
The only time I've ever had that issue is when the folder containing the files has some character in its name MP3Gain doesn't like, like a Japanese character. Try moving a file to a place like the root of your drive and see if MP3Gain will accept it then. Other than that, I have no ideas.

Reply #2
Thanks for the help, there was a Japanese character in the name, I removed it, was able to load the songs into add files.

I noticed something else when the songs loaded, in the path/file column I only saw mp3 files, no AAC files.  I had an older version of aacgain installed so I updated to 1.9.  when I downloaded and opened AAC gain I didn't see an AACgain.exe file only an AAC file I changed that to MP3gain and dragged it into mp3.  I guess I will have to try downloading AACgain again