Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Emmett Plant Leaves Xiph.Org Foundation (Read 20220 times) previous topic - next topic

Emmett Plant Leaves Xiph.Org Foundation

Reply #50
I assume the pronouns here are pointing in odd grammatical directions.  If not...

I wrote that product. I put all of my own money into this project.  Who has to trust who?

Monty

No. I made a mistaken assumption. I didn't know the level of modification non-Xiph people had done to Vorbis, and assumed that it was kept afloat at least in part by donations.

We tend to absorb the people who make regular, high-quality contributions.  Good, motivated programmers who can find a useful niche without alot of handholding are rare.  We try to make them feel welcome :-)

So, it ends up that most code in the various projects ends up written by 'internal' people, or people who eventually get invited inside.

Reply #51
It looks like Emmet landed at DI/Neuros.  Hopefully it  bodes well for getting Xiph formats on Neuros.

Neuros forum post

Reply #52
maybe we can get him to champion MPC on the neuros as well. I know I'd buy one.
"Droplets of Yes and No, in an ocean of Maybe"

Reply #53
Thanks for your post at the Neuros forum, dbpoweramp. The Neuros is a neat-looking device... HiSi might get me listening to the radio again, it's such a cool idea. Support for non-MP3 formats (MPC would be ideal) and gapless playback are the only things holding me back from dropping a wad of cash for one of these babies. Emmett, please convince the Neuros developers to allow MPC support!