Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Fading doesn't seem to work (Read 1072 times) previous topic - next topic

Fading doesn't seem to work

I would assume this should work on primary driver.
Just in case I also disabled any DSP, but can't hear nor see any fading in any case (automatic track change, manual track change, seek...)

What could be the problem?

Reply #1
Note that foobar2000 doesn't strip silence away from your files. Typical tracks for example fade to silence and often have a longish silent ending. With such a track there's nothing to work with.

Your screenshot looks like there's no fades at all though. Just abrupt ending. Is it a bad rip where for example EAC's offset corrections are used incorrectly making it eat parts of the files away?

You could still get audible fades if you increase your buffer length and make fades longer. Or use a DSP that removes silence from the tracks. You could also try it with some albums that play back gaplessly to hear the effect with your current settings.

Reply #2
Your screenshot looks like there's no fades at all though. Just abrupt ending. Is it a bad rip where for example EAC's offset corrections are used incorrectly making it eat parts of the files away?

Yes, no fades at all.
I don't think it's a bad rip problem. I tried various file formats, but it's like this feature simply isn't working here.

You could still get audible fades if you increase your buffer length and make fades longer. Or use a DSP that removes silence from the tracks. You could also try it with some albums that play back gaplessly to hear the effect with your current settings.

I increased buffer length, but still the same.
The silence in the screenshot is tiny, which I'm not much concerned about. I choose it as example as it was easier to spot no fade.

Assuming this feature works as expected elsewhere, let me note that this is on-board audio on P35 platinum MB, with default Windows hdaudio driver.
If there are other information I should provide, let me know.

Reply #3
AFAIK fading is performed by the OS, so it's not possible to see its effect on spectrogram.
Also I can hear the effect of fading: two tracks overlap, the first starts to fade out, the second starts to fade in (Win7 SP1, X-Fi Gamer).

Reply #4
Sorry, I deleted nonsense message

It's like lvqcl wrote - "fading is performed by the OS, so it's not possible to see its effect on spectrogram"

Fading now works fine.
I installed Realtek driver, and restarted two times. That's all I know.