Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Fullscreen visual effects? (Read 3775 times) previous topic - next topic

Fullscreen visual effects?

Hi. I'd be interested in any program or plugin that allow a variety of fullscreen effects reacting to the music that is playing. I've found several of them, but they all work listening to the mixer of the sound card. They work when I play music with the Windows Media Player, but not with Foobar, and the reason is that I'm using WASAPI, for better quality. Do you know any trick or method to make these programs work with WASAPI? An easy alternative would be a plugin for foobar2000, which should work without problems. However, I have not found any that works fullscreen and with cool visual effects that use the graphic card for something really beautiful, smooth and impressive.  Any idea?

Re: Fullscreen visual effects?

Reply #3
Great!, the Shpeck component is fantastic! I've installed MilkDrop and it's working perfectly.

Do you know how I can set a preset as default so that it always loads and do not change to another preset while running? I don't see the right opcion in milk2.ini. What I've done so far is to move the rest of the presets to another folder and leave the one I like alone in the presets folder.

I've downloaded several packs of presets. I like very few. Most of them are not attactive and too psychodelic. I'm looking for something simple and elegant, and over all that you can see the visual effects of the music. Many presets do not show clearly the changes in volume, rythm, etc.

Finally, do you know how can I install the Advanced Visualization Studio. I've downloaded from a website but it's not recognized by the plugin because there are no dlls to place in the folder.

Thanx a lot.

Reply #4
Press the "scroll lock" button to hold a preset. If you just want one preset always, you'll have to either select it manually (hit "L") or make a separate folder with just that one preset in and point MilkDrop to it by hitting "L" to load while it's running, and navigating to that folder. I think that's the only way to do it.

I've been honing my MilkDrop presets folder for over a decade. :) You're right, 99% of them are pretty crap. Happy to upload mine for you if you like?

No idea about the AVS I'm afraid, as once I started using MilkDrop I never found anything else as good.

Reply #5
Finally, do you know how can I install the Advanced Visualization Studio. I've downloaded from a website but it's not recognized by the plugin because there are no dlls to place in the folder.
I have extracted the visual plugin AVS from the last official release of Winamp v5.6.6.3516 for you. Simply extract the contents of the archive into Winamp's plugins folder.

Winamp visual plugin AVS v2.8.2: download

Reply #6
Thanx a lot. It's working fine. I've already spent some hours testing lots of Milkdrop presets. I've found some that are visually nice and reponsive enough to the music. This is the one I have installed now.

_Geiss - Cosmic Dust 2 - Trails 5z.milk

Reply #8
Do you know of any tutorial or document that explains the values on the different fields in the preset files? I'd like to modify some, or even creat my own preset. I'd like to make something very simple, for instance like a pulsating plain color that increases saturation or brightness with the intensity or with the beats of the music.