Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: user-components-x64 not detected (Read 669 times) previous topic - next topic

user-components-x64 not detected

Hi guys,

I have 3 instances of fb2k - Two as portable ones (i.e., with "portable_mode_enabled" file in fb2k directory), and one classic installation of fb2k x64 beta, in "C:\Program Files\", which has its config in %appdata%.

But it's all not transparent for me. In that classic installation, I removed Masstagger via the UI (Preferences - Components). Now I noticed, it also disappeared in my portable installation. Not existing in its UI any more.

So I checked. I noticed, this portable instance has:

Code: [Select]
components\
component-updates\
user-components\
user-components-x64\

Nice.

Masstagger is existing there: \user-components-x64\foo_masstag\foo_masstag.dll

But fb2k doesn't seem to read the user-components-x64\ folder at all. It only uses user-components\ - Why is that? ColumnsUI for instance is in both directories, but fb2k only sees it in user-components\

Maybe I'm using outdated, intermediate file system structure which was valid some beta versions ago?

Thx guys

Re: user-components-x64 not detected

Reply #1
Aww, guys, my mistake. This portable instance has the x86 executable of fb2k.