Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #2] From: Why is everything about foobar much more difficult than (Read 1599 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #2] From: Why is everything about foobar much more difficult than

Short of saving myself a bit of work when tagging, and for custom renaming, I haven't used title formatting since installing foobar2000. If dragging .dlls into a folder is too hard for component installation, my sympathies. I don't know what else is "difficult" about foobar2000.

As for components, the wiki tends to be kept up pretty well. It points to a lot of them. I don't use many anyhow, and don't tend to update them all that often. I don't get any crashes for them, don't lack any functionality...

The people who complain that foobar2000 is too hard are mostly Panels people, and Panels is atrociously difficult due to its severe abuse of title formatting. Many, many rants have been written about how bad Panels is in that regard.

Regarding drag-and-drop configuration of the default UI, your position smacks of someone who has no idea about how to implement such a feature. The current UI design implementation is powerful, complete, and fast. Implementing it using drag-and-drop would be horrendously buggy and non-standard, not to mention the insane degree of programming difficulty, and it would not speed configuration up at all. In fact, it would probably make it slower for most users.

Maybe people complaining do not care at all about any kind of customization, only want to listen to good lossless music and wouldn't know a panel from a porch swing....
Maybe these same people complain because by the time they figure out how to configure it they've then lost all interest in listening to music....
Maybe they complain because every time they ask for help some dick tells them their "position smacks of someone who has no idea about how to implement such a feature" and so they say f**k you dickhead and leave hating the dickhead and the program....

It might be easy for those who are interested in customizing but it boors the hell out of far too many others who couldn't care less about all the customization. They just want a program they can start up, finds all their music and they don't have to screw with.......

If that's too difficult for all the computer geniuses to accomplish this then maybe they aren't as smart as they would like us to believe....