Skip to main content
Topic: MathAudio Room EQ for Foobar2000 (Read 51642 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: MathAudio Room EQ for Foobar2000

Reply #125
The network player has no other computer connection than  wifi or network cable. The usb is for music files only.  And Reaper doesn't show / see the network player either (although windows 10 does). So its not gonna work I ques.
It is strange that Foobar2000 can work with the driver of your network speakers but Reaper cannot do it. Open Reaper, go to Options -> Preferences -> Audio -> Device and click the "Audio system" drop list. It will show you the list of available audio drivers. Select the driver of your network speakers if it is available. If it is not available, I don't see any simple and reliable methods to overcome this problem...

Reply #126
Hello Audioclassic, if you are still having problems with Reaper, I suggest you to use the free CARLA DAW/VST host.
I am using it and it is excellent.

Reply #127
Strange as it is, the driver can be seen in windows 10 and in foobar20000, but not in Mathaudio and not in Reaper. I quess the Carla Daw/Vst host is for Linux, I am just a stupid windows 10 user. A possibility for room equalization with dlna is difficult to find. I found somewhere that maybe in Jriver there is a possibility with plugins. I hate to leave foobar2000, but I will research this further.
Thanks for the responses.

Reply #128
Hello Audioclassic, ... of course you should download the appropriate Carla for your platform.
However, if you are using Windows 7 or 10, I would now suggest to use Cantabile 3 free edition (registration required, but absolutely free).
I moved to it a couple of weeks ago and I found it better for this application (easier to use and lighter in terms of resources used).

Reply #129
Hello Audioclassic, ... of course you should download the appropriate Carla for your platform.
However, if you are using Windows 7 or 10, I would now suggest to use Cantabile 3 free edition (registration required, but absolutely free).
I moved to it a couple of weeks ago and I found it better for this application (easier to use and lighter in terms of resources used).
It looks like Cantabile doesn't work with DLNA too. Audioclassic uses network speakers and he needs DLNA.

Reply #130
I found a workaround for using dlna and mathaudio. I read you can make a wav file of a measurement sweep in REW. Using  2 computers you can than measure in one with foobar and mathaudio and set a delay of 15 seconds. With the other computer you play the measurement sweep wav file in foobar exactly at the right time. I don't know how good a REW sweep measument file is for Mathaudio but it does work. Nevertheless its about time someone creates a room eq software that is ready for dlna😊. A lot of people will be using dlna at the moment. I have a Panasonic network player with 2 KEF speakers and under each speakers a REL subwoofer. I guess a lot of people now have a setup like this. Thanks for all the answers.

Reply #131
I found a workaround for using dlna and mathaudio. I read you can make a wav file of a measurement sweep in REW. Using  2 computers you can than measure in one with foobar and mathaudio and set a delay of 15 seconds. With the other computer you play the measurement sweep wav file in foobar exactly at the right time. I don't know how good a REW sweep measument file is for Mathaudio but it does work. Nevertheless its about time someone creates a room eq software that is ready for dlna😊. A lot of people will be using dlna at the moment. I have a Panasonic network player with 2 KEF speakers and under each speakers a REL subwoofer. I guess a lot of people now have a setup like this. Thanks for all the answers.
There is a free program that streams audio from PC to DLNA: https://www.streamwhatyouhear.com/
Hopefully it could send the sweep sound from Room EQ to your network speakers. You may want to try it.
The WAV sound from REW produces a substantial measurement error if you use it with Room EQ.

Reply #132
OK, the REW  WAV file did work but the result doesn't sound good indeed. I tried stream what you hear before, but this gives a delay that makes it unusable for mathaudio (and for youtube film)

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019