Skip to main content
Topic: Radio support improving (Read 3144 times) previous topic - next topic

Radio support improving

I think foobar2000 can be a little better for radio playback.

1. "Copy name(s)" feature copies a static title of radio. I think foobar2000 should copy current track information instead.

2. When user pauses radio playback and after some time resumes it, foobar2000 plays some piece of sound from the buffer, and when it ends, foobar2000 switches playback to the next item in a playlist. I think that foobar2000 should use a different strategy. When user pauses radio playback for a little time, foobar2000 should use extended buffer to store more audio data and play it to user without glitches from original point when user resumes playback. When user pauses radio playback for a long time, foobar2000 should behave as if the user pauses playback. Length of the extended buffer for radio playback user can choose in the foobar2000 preferences.

3. When user have some problems with internet connection, I think that foobar2000 should try to reconnect to the current radio without switching to the next item in the playlist.

Radio support improving

Reply #1
Absolutely. +1. I actually had the same concerns for some time.

Radio support improving

Reply #2
+1

good ideas (2 and 3 at least for me)

Radio support improving

Reply #3
3. When user have some problems with internet connection, I think that foobar2000 should try to reconnect to the current radio without switching to the next item in the playlist.

But sometimes radios give playlist with multiple servers as backup, then the feature we already have, and probably why is there in the first place, would be perfect.

Radio support improving

Reply #4
+1. Actual problem for me.

Radio support improving

Reply #5
As I can see, the latest version of foobar2000 (1.3.8) fixes these problems. Thanks.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020