Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Music Tagging and Organization (Read 1565 times) previous topic - next topic

Music Tagging and Organization

Whereas Winamp automatically sorts my music fairly well without any tinkering, adding my library to foobar shows up completely disorderly and haphazardly arrayed. I'm not sure what the cause is, don't see how tagging could be an issue if winamp does the job fine. It recognizes some albums correctly, but only for a small fraction of my music. Any help would be really appreciated, would perfect my foobar experience

Reply #1
Maybe your library view doesn't match your tagging schema. But I guess in order to help you we need some further information; what library view do you use, how are your files tagged, how are they ordered in album list (screenshot), how do you expect them to be ordered, ...

Reply #2
Well I haven't messed with any foobar layout so it is default view, I never tagged my stuff myself, yet winamp organizes by artists then albums within the artist. Music is organized in folders but there is alot just mixed together in single files.
http://sdrv.ms/1g7ymaY

Reply #3
Ok I set it to organize via artist, fixed it. Nice.