Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Autoplaylist sorting (Read 2054 times) previous topic - next topic

Autoplaylist sorting

Hi everyone,

I have a noob question. Does anybody know how to create Autoplaylists with albums in the order they were added to the library, but with the songs in each album in the original order (i.e. sorted by track)? I can get close by query patterns such as "%genre% IS classical SORT DESCENDING BY %added%", the problem with that is that when adding full albums to the library, the computer does not always add them in the order of the songs in the album. And in any case, can you "SORT BY <something> THEN SORT BY <something else>"?

Autoplaylist sorting

Reply #1
your problem is that each track is treated on an individual basis so if any tracks from the same album have a different timestamp, that will take precedent over the track order. you could try using the one of the various date functions on the %added% field like $date.

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...FDate_Functions

Autoplaylist sorting

Reply #2
your problem is that each track is treated on an individual basis so if any tracks from the same album have a different timestamp, that will take precedent over the track order. you could try using the one of the various date functions on the %added% field like $date.

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...FDate_Functions

marc2003,

Thanks for your reply!  Your idea is great and would practically eliminate the problem by limiting the sorting by %added% to the date and not HH:MM:SS, I guess?  The problem is that I can't make it work and try it, I tried adding $date or $date() anywhere.  Can you please show me how to use the date function in a query, such as "%genre% IS rock SORT DESCENDING BY %added%"?

Autoplaylist sorting

Reply #3
try this...

Code: [Select]
%genre% IS rock SORT DESCENDING BY "$date(%added%)"

Autoplaylist sorting

Reply #4
Works like a charm! Thank you!