Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sort autoplaylist by last modified, then track number (Read 2535 times) previous topic - next topic

Sort autoplaylist by last modified, then track number

Hello,

Right now I am using Playlist Statistics to make an autoplaylist in foobar. I added %last_modified% to Preferences>DUI>Playlist View. What I need is a way to sort the list first by last modified then to sort the tracks in each album by track number to get them in order. Anyone wanna toss me a code snippet? I am not tech-savvy enough to work out foobarspeak.

Reply #1
I doubt its possible as each song is evaluated on it's own. If each song has different timestamp within the same album (which is very likely with %last_modified%), sorting by that will make it impossible to keep albums together.

What purpose would your list serve? If you just want something like a 'recently added' list, you can use the File Operations component which will generate identical timestamps as far as the songs have been moved to your music directory within the same operation. That way albums remain intact when sorting by %added%.

Reply #2
I doubt its possible as each song is evaluated on it's own. If each song has different timestamp within the same album (which is very likely with %last_modified%), sorting by that will make it impossible to keep albums together.

What purpose would your list serve? If you just want something like a 'recently added' list, you can use the File Operations component which will generate identical timestamps as far as the songs have been moved to your music directory within the same operation. That way albums remain intact when sorting by %added%.

I want to be able to listen to the music that I've gotten recently because I've heard the older stuff already. %added% doesn't sort my music that I've already gotten, only what I add.

Reply #3
If you just want a list of songs you never played, you can filter using whether any one of these tags are present: %play_count%, %first_played%, %last_played%.

Try something like this (Library/Search, put this code in, click on the '...' button/Create Autoplaylist):
Code: [Select]
%play_count% MISSING

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...00:Query_syntax