Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ape playback with cue sheet (album=1 ape file) (Read 4138 times) previous topic - next topic

ape playback with cue sheet (album=1 ape file)

this seems like it would be an elegant solution, but i am not sure if there is a way to do it.

i would use eac -> image (compressed) w/ cue sheet. 

then is there a way to playback the album, with direct track access, without having to parse the ape file into individual tracks?  i currently use media jukebox, but would be open to an alternative.

also, when ripping and compressing (using mac.exe) in eac, is there a way to automagically put the single ape file and cue sheet in the correct location (ie. artist\album\"files") and name appropriately?  it seems that when eac creates the image file, it does not use any of the freedb info to name the file.

thanks

brett

Reply #1
Yes, you can play the cuesheet with Foobar2000
or create APLs for Winamp with MAC.
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

Reply #2
is there any way to make it work with media jukebox?

Reply #3
yes, I think you can use APLs in Media Jukebox too.
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

Reply #4
thanks for the makeapl alert.  this works!!!

but, back to part 2 of my original question.  when creating the image and cue file in the first place, is there a way to automatically specify directory and filenames the way you can with ripping individual song files?

Reply #5
not that I know of,
I'd like to know too...