Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Grouping album (Read 893 times) previous topic - next topic

Grouping album

Hi,

firt thanks for the chance to write our doubts on a site and second sorry for my writing english, I am spanish.

I trying to organize my library and I wondering what do you do with the box album I mean those box that include more than one cd, ex., muse - symmetry box.

And XBMC, for use an example, is possible to group them as collection, ex., collection of Alliens fims,

is it possible to do something similar?

Thanks

Grouping album

Reply #1
if you open the properties dialog (right click playlist items>properties), you should see Disc number and Total Discs fields. if these are empty, you can enter the data yourself.

then you can configure the playlist grouping under file>preferences>default UI>playlist view>custom grouping schemes.

give it a name and enter something like

Code: [Select]
%album artist% [- %album% ]['('%date%')' ][Disc %discnumber% of %totaldiscs%]

now close the preferences and right click the column headers in your playlist>groups and select the name which you've just created.

the above example will show Disc 1 of 1 if those fields are present and this might not be desirable. so you can check if there are at least 2 discs before displaying that information.

Code: [Select]
%album artist% [- %album% ]['('%date%')' ]$ifgreater(%totaldiscs%,1,Disc %discnumber% of %totaldiscs%,)