Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC winamp2 plug-in update (Read 6178 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC winamp2 plug-in update

today I've got to updating my version of Winamp2 FLAC plug-in. get it using the usual link:
http://x-fixer.narod.ru/download/in_flac.zip

changes:
Code: [Select]
- updated to the lastest FLAC code
- added support for medialibrary (readonly)
- fixed infobox crash with some files
- fixed hanging when seeking beyond the end of file
- more accurate bitrate display
- small interface changes
- some internal changes

I'll do some cleanups and improvements and, if no bugs will show up, remove the "beta" word. also I want to ask:
- does anyone need readonly ID3v1 support (like it's currently implemented)? I want to remove it, because I consider it to be absolutelly useless.
- does anyone need read/write medialibrary support? if so, I will implement it in the next version.

Reply #1
Thanks for the update X-Fixer!

Just started using FLAC & Winamp2, and your plugin was certainly much better ( in terms of interface ) than the default plugin.

IMHO, the id3v1 legacy support is useless, and the media library support.. well I don't use media library?

Just curious, have you ever thought of contacting the FLAC author and putting a link up to your plugin on the FLAC website?

Reply #2
[...]
- does anyone need read/write medialibrary support? if so, I will implement it in the next version.

did you find the new input sdk somewhere or did you reverse engineer that stuff?

what about sharing it?

Reply #3

yes, full medialibrary support would be great.

/me too would like to know how did you do that without the proper SDK??? or is there one out???

I think case was looking for that, too (for his mpc plugs).

Reply #4
[...]

did you find the new input sdk somewhere or did you reverse engineer that stuff?

what about sharing it?

See here:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=...light=input+sdk

Apparently, the sdk has media-library functions, but the example plugin it contains builds correctly but has problems loading.  I'll see if I can't get some kinda response from NS on that issue.
-Gonzo
Please Keep Our Forum Clean!

Reply #5
I think the example plugin in that sdk is a ml plugin not an input plugin

Reply #6
more opinions on ID3v1 and ML?

and yes, I have backwards engineered winamp (only reading part for now, but writting works very simillar). I can give the code to anyone interested. (it's free software, after all. or, alternatively, you can wait till this changes will get to flac CVS  )

Daybreak: Josh and I are dreaming about integrating my changes into the main source tree. so, there'll be no need in separate link.

Reply #7
Thanks for the update, X-Fixer!  Things are looking great! I added the beta7 update to the flac windows installer at http://mikewren.com/flac

Reply #8
One bug report and one request to make regarding the newest plugin  ( beta7) :

The File Info window is a tad too short for me. By short, I mean it slightly truncuates the bottoms of the Update and Close commandbuttons. I'm not sure what the default behaviour should be, but it should definitely not cut off the bottoms of the two buttons, and there should be some whitespace from the window border as well.

I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this problem, but I just recently noticed it, and its reproducible everytime on my computer.

Request : er... very slight, but would you mind capitalising the clear and remove buttons? As well as change the icon for the window to something more pertinent? Thanks a lot! 

Reply #9
Thanks for this plugin X-Fixer.

A feature request for the File Info window: any chance that this could be extended to display all vorbis comment fields, not just the standard ones.

For example, I add a "Ripped By" field to my FLACs.  I can see this if I view the file info in Foobar, but not in Winamp using your plugin.

Thanks.
Tim.

Reply #10
The media library support is very welcomed. Now I can view my Flac files in the Winamp Library! . I hope that mpc and others get updated as well!

ss1.

Reply #11
[...] Now I can view my Flac files in the Winamp Library! . [...]

Sounds logical to me!

...and I'd like to thank xfixer for this plugin without which I couldn't live.
I love the moderators.

Reply #12
Just tried out Beta 7. Won't display the DATE in ID3v1 tags. Otherwise,
much improved over original plug-in.  BTW... keep ID3 if not too much trouble.