Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New Stereoreceiver? (Read 4511 times) previous topic - next topic

New Stereoreceiver?

I want to by a new Stereoreceiver, but a low price is important,~200$ is my max limit.

I was looking at this one: http://www.siba.se/Product/Product_reciver...ntifier=SE65849
(sorry its in swedish)
Is that receiver any good?
Im gona use the speakers in my signature...
Computer:|MSI Ultra2||XP 1600+@1710mhz(9*190)( AROIA upplåst)||TwinMos 256MB DDR PC2700||Hercules 8500Le 64MB DDR@270/270||WD 80GB 7200rpm||Nec 24/12/48|
Hifi-system: [United /Radio/CD/Tape 2x40w(?) Speakers: Pioneer 2x90w + Noname:2x~60w

New Stereoreceiver?

Reply #1
Buy an AudioSource Amp Two instead. Check Review 1,Review 2. A standalone amplifier is going to do a better job than a receiver if all you need is amplification. A receiver (for me) employs circuitry that I don't usually need which drives the prices higher (and therefore with your money you could afford a worse amplification) and also most of the receiver producers (Sony, Pioneer, etc.) cater to the masses which drives the quality lower.

I got my Amp Two for $150 because of competition on the net  But I am sure you can find it new for around $250.
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

New Stereoreceiver?

Reply #2
But I listen alot to the radio, won't it be mor expencive to by an amplifier and a tuner?
Computer:|MSI Ultra2||XP 1600+@1710mhz(9*190)( AROIA upplåst)||TwinMos 256MB DDR PC2700||Hercules 8500Le 64MB DDR@270/270||WD 80GB 7200rpm||Nec 24/12/48|
Hifi-system: [United /Radio/CD/Tape 2x40w(?) Speakers: Pioneer 2x90w + Noname:2x~60w

New Stereoreceiver?

Reply #3
But I listen alot to the radio, won't it be mor expencive to by an amplifier and a tuner?

Probably  I never listen to radio. I'd probably listen to high bitrate AAC music streams in the future  but until then my music on my computer serves me well. You should decide depending on your demands. Go and check the review sites. Audio Review is one of them.

New Stereoreceiver?

Reply #4
Audioreview is the only site with reviews it seems, but did not find any review on the reciever I posted...

New Stereoreceiver?

Reply #5
What about Amazon's page?. There's some more info there. Someone sells a "Like New" one for $100 (but I don't know whether they will ship to an international destination). Your best option is to google it, and that's all the info you can get.

New Stereoreceiver?

Reply #6
If I l lived in the USA i would get better prices ...many e-shops dont ship over to Sweden, and if they do it costs so much that you save more money on bying it here anyway

New Stereoreceiver?

Reply #7
My suggestion is to look at used stuff and more specifically to look at the NAD Monitor series of stereo receivers.  The entire Monitor line in really excellent and they can generally be had for well within your price range.  Here's an example on Ebay from a US seller, but at least it will give you an idea of what I'm talking about:

NAD 7100 Monitor Series

Also, you might want to check out NAD's web site and look at their current stereo/HiFi receiver options.  I don't know what the prices are these days, but maybe there is a dealer in Stockholm or other major city which you could call.

New Stereoreceiver?

Reply #8
Yes, I heard that NAD products are very good, but they are hard to fint here in sweden, there are some dealers but the prises are way over normal, but the search will continue

New Stereoreceiver?

Reply #9
well if u want a consumer reiciever i might be able to point you in the right direction.

i have a onyko sr-500 5.1 dolby digital II dst recivier and the sound quality is great.
i got it from jandr.com refurbed for 170 shipped =), retail is 250

as a rule of thumb i would steer away from any SONY or BOSE audio products mainly becuase they are either overpriced or just plain bad.

god recivier brands....

yamaha, onkyo, denon (the BEST!), outlaw, uhhhhh someone help me out here.

New Stereoreceiver?

Reply #10
Have you considered of buying a multichannel reciever?

I myself own a Sony (I bought it one or two years after Sony released it, so that the price sank about 50%; you are actually dumb when you buy a brand new product because older ones which are not that much worse than the newer models are bring more for you money!)multichannel amp which I'd never give away. I usually listen to it in stereo (because I read somewhere that real 2.0 is better than 5.1; this is right when you talk about pro logic I but not dts or dd!) Make the difference between a real 5.1 and a stereo recording. You'll never want to turn back to stereo.
I love the moderators.

New Stereoreceiver?

Reply #11
Nahh...a 5.1 reciever is of no use to me, i don't have a 5.1 soundcard on my comp, and i dont have any 5.1 speaker system ... and also they cost more..

Edit: where do i change so that i dont get en email evvry time someone answers to this thread?

New Stereoreceiver?

Reply #12
To unsubscribe, click on "my controls" and there is a topic subscription button.

Sometimes the best deals on recievers are the home theater ones that don't have
the latest features, like a Pro-Logic that doesn't have Dolby Digital.  Any still in stock
will be perpetually on sale, and there should be a good (for the buyer) market in used
gear from folks drooling to upgrade.  If you just want 2 channel and FM the older ones
work just as well as the latest. 

I don't know if 2 channel recievers still fall in to the tail end of that same effect as they once did.

New Stereoreceiver?

Reply #13
OK, I Found One Reciever that had a rather painless price the Proson RV2300DTS

Is it any good? Anybode who has one maby? It costs about 290$

edit: If I have an 5.1 reciever can i play it in stereo also or do i have to by a complete 5.1 speaker system?