Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How do I change the foobar icon? (Read 7824 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I change the foobar icon?

Hi all,

I'm a frequent and otherwise pleased user of foobar but I would very much like to change the foobar icon everywhere in Windows and in foobar. Is this possible and might one of you direct me to a link where it's described how to do it?

Thanks for any input you may have ... 

Jesper

Reply #1
On the taskbar or within a explorer window (...\Program Files(86)\Foobar2000\) search for and right-click foobar2000.exe and choose properties -> centre bottom "change icon". The notification area icon options are in foobar2000's preferences -> display -> default user interface -> system notification area:"use a custom icon from file" OR if you use Columns UI: preferences -> display -> columns ui -> notification area tab -> "use custom icon".

Reply #2
You can only change a shortcut's icon, not directly on an .exe-file.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #3
When rightclicking the icon I've got pinned on my taskbar I can. Other solution if that really doesn't work is making a shortcut and changing that icon and placing the shortcut on the taskbar instead of pinning/dragging the exe itself.

Reply #4
Icons on the taskbar are shortcuts, of course it works to change those.

They're located here: %appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #5
As long as you don't distribute the modified EXE with anyone else . . . try using the tool "Resource Hacker".

Reply #6
Hi all,

& thanks for your feedback & suggestions. I'm a bit occupied with other things these days but will look into your suggestions in the days to come when there's more room for it.

Thanks again 

Jesper