Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: playback MP3 file 48kHz (Read 1489 times) previous topic - next topic

playback MP3 file 48kHz

Hi, I need some help - searching on the net has not produced any applicable results.

I have stored on my HD several MP3 files with 48kHz sampling rates, as indicated in the foobar taskbar and in the properties display.
The waveform seekbar shows up fine, and when I play back the seekbar indicator moves but no sound and the spectrum display is static or does not show up at all.
I am pretty sure used to playback those file before w/o problems. I however only became aware of the problem in the last few days.
I upgrade to new foobar as soon as they are available.
I have tried to downsample files, I have tried DS replay, Wasapi etc. I have also tried various resamplers. Those files will not play, while any other MP3 file have no problem, neither does any other format.

My soundcard is M-audio 1010lt, feeding a hypex amp AS 2.100 which samples incoming digital or analog signals to 48000kHz, 16 bits. I use SPDIF to connect.
Foobar latest version installed and running.
Replay using M-audio asio (because that gives me multiple selectable outputs) and upsampled to 48kHz
I have tried replay Asio with 44 100Hz, but then I experience clicking noises during playback.

Thanks for any help forthcoming.

playback MP3 file 48kHz

Reply #2
First shot: http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_verifier .

I had checked the files - and they test ok with verifier. I know that much.

I uninstalled, reinstalled foobar 1.2.4 again - now it is working.
Did load however the configuration file from a 2 week old backup and delete the current config. Cannot figure out what settings were changed.