Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC 1.3.1 compile for older CPUs? (Athlon XP without SSE2) (Read 5576 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC 1.3.1 compile for older CPUs? (Athlon XP without SSE2)

Is there a 1.3.1 compile that works with older CPU's such as Athlon XP etc? From what I understand it's SSE2 support in 1.3.1 that's causing problems with older cpu's. I could just go back and use 1.2.1b but if it's possible to use the newer version I would rather do that  Any help appreciated.....

Reply #2
Such a "legacy" compile should also be linked on the official site, imho, at least until legacy hardware dies out completely.

Reply #3
Thank you sir - much appreciated!

ChronoSphere - that's a good suggestion. I'll bet there's a lot of people using their old trusty hardware as a music server (including myself) - as long as it works there's no reason just throwing it away...........